This is one of those throw-it-in-and-forget-about-it kind of sides! The end result is a creamy/crispy/flavorful side dish that goes with just about anything (we had ours with steaks). Feel free to experiment with the spices and pouch contents! Some ideas using the same process:
- Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon & brown sugar
- Yukon gold potatoes with parsley
- Russets with bacon in the pouch!
Potato Pouches – serves 4
- 4-5 Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cloves freshly crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp each dried herbs – rosemary, thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice potatoes about 1/4″ thick.
- Line a sheet pan with a full sheet of foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes and garlic in the center of the foil and sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut up butter and place on top of potatoes.
- Tear a second piece of foil and place on top of potatoes. Bring up sides and cinch together to make a sealed pouch.
- Bake for 35 minutes (or 20-30 mins, flipping every 15 mins, on a hot grill).