Getting right to the recipe with this one because you need to add these drumsticks to your meal rotation stat! Super easy, and all done in about 30 mins. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Crispy Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Start to finish: 35 mins
What you’ll need:
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Seasoning of choice (I use Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning on everything)
- Nonstick spray
- Spray fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken in basket, season, and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes (I also hit the chicken button on my Cosori air fryer).
- Flip and cook another 15 minutes or until crispy and internal temp reaches 165°F.
- Remove at coat with with your favorite sauce – we did buffalo and bbq!
While I do love the occasional air fried batch of processed/frozen, super-breaded chicken strips and nuggets, the whole purpose of this air fryer craze is to try and cook at least a little bit healthier, right?
I made some chicken strips for dinner last night that turned out really good! Super simple – just 3 ingredients – a quick prep, and they came out fully cooked and moist inside and really crispy outside. My breadcrumb of choice is always Panko (here’s a great article about what Panko is from Chowhound) when I want my coating to be crunchy. The little flakes crisp up so much more nicely than standard breadcrumbs, and it’s available everywhere now. I buy the seasoned store brand for 99 cents!
Follow along and try these for yourself, they’re pretty hard to mess up! 🙂
Pro tip #1: I never flour my chicken when breading – just pull out of the package and dry with a paper towel – it helps the egg stick better!
Pro tip #2: Use tongs to do your dipping and breading process – keeps your fingers clean!
Easy Air Fried Fresh Chicken Breast Strips
Serves: 3-4 with sides (we had peas and rice!)
Start to Finish: about 30 minutes
Here’s what you’ll need, and note the cooking time can be altered depending on your preferred crispness and how many you’re making at once:
- 1 – 1.5 lb of fresh chicken breast strips
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups Seasoned Panko breadcrumbs (I did not test with regular breadcrumbs, so if you do, let me know how they come out!)
- Salt and pepper to taste; cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken strips from package and pat dry; set up two bowls and one plate.
- In one bowl add 4 eggs and whisk to combine. In second bowl, add bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- One by one, dip chicken strips into beaten egg and then drop into bread crumbs, pressing in as needed and shaking off any excess. Transfer to plate and pile up.
- Open air fryer and spray bottom of basket with nonstick cooking spray (I use Olive Oil Pam). Place chicken strips in but do not over crowd or layer on top of each other. I fit almost the whole 1.5lb pack in mine.
- Spray tops of chicken lightly with nonstick spray (this helps the browning!) and close air fryer.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 17 minutes. No need to shake or turn over chicken – just set it, make your sides, and enjoy! Increase time if you like it crispier.
I use the Cosori 5.8qt Air Fryer, and love it!
One of our new air fryer favorites! While it’s just as easy to bake these, it’s really nice not heating up a whole oven, especially when we’ve had some really warm weather. What made this even easier as an air-frying newbie was that Perdue printed air fryer instructions right on the bag (THANK YOU)!
I use the Cosori 5.8qt Air Fryer, and I was able to fit the whole bag in the basket – perfect for a family meal! I only increased the time by 2-3 minutes to accommodate more chicken and they did not disappoint. The outside was super crispy and the inside was perfectly cooked. I would imagine you can use this guide for any brand of chicken strips, so if you test any out, let me know in the comments!
Follow the how-to below:
Air Fried Chicken Breast Strips
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F
- Once preheated, place frozen chicken strips into basket in one layer (or overlap gently for a larger amount). No cooking spray needed!
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 10-13 minutes.
Why not start with a quick and easy crock pot recipe? And when I say “crock pot” I mean slow cooker, of any brand, any size, any price. My weapon of choice is a 6qt Programmable Rival Crock Pot that I’ve had about 4 years (link goes to a newer version, but you get the idea). I use it a lot and have no complaints. Since I work a 9-5 job, and have a little one in school, you’ll notice that most of my recipes cook for 8-10 hours on the ‘low’ setting (my pot automatically switches to “keep warm” after the cooking time is complete- a great feature!). Any of these can be adapted to your schedule, just always be sure to check for doneness with anything you create. You’ll also notice that I’m not afraid to amp up pre-bottled or packaged goods, because, really, who has time to make EVERYTHING from scratch these days? Not me.
That being said, my first recipe is for these awesome BBQ Chicken Legs:
You will need:
- 6-8 raw chicken legs with skin on
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 Cup water + extra for the end
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dry red pepper flakes (more if you like spice)
How to: in an empty crock pot, place all ingredients (except chicken) in, and stir with a whisk until all are incorporated. Give it a taste, add some salt and pepper if you feel the need. Rinse chicken in cool water and place into pot. Get your hands dirty and mix it all together, coating the chicken legs on all sides. Even them out in the pot and check your liquid. Add extra water until legs are about half way submerged. Cook for 8 hours on LOW setting or 6 hours on HIGH. These will fall off the bone when they’re done!
Suggested sides: baked beans, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, etc… anything goes with this.