My first product review! Disclaimer: I was not reimbursed, paid, or otherwise compensated for this – I chose to talk about Hum Nutrition since I’ve been taking their products for almost a year now with really great results. If you’re not yet familiar with Hum, they’re a supplement company out of California that’s producing affordable, yet high-quality health supplements.
Photo: Hum Nutrition/LinkedIn
I’m in no way a nutrition expert or doctor, but I’ll share the supplements I take and my experiences with each. If you want to give them a try for yourself, I’ll share a coupon code in pink throughout this post so you can save on your first order!
Rewind quick to 2018: I turned 45 years old, no health problems, but I was being a bit complainy about typical female mood stuff (apparently very common for women my age), and my doctor suggested I try a regular multivitamin to keep my vitamin D, B vitamins and iron up. I found myself endlessly Googling phrases like “best women’s vitamin”, “best natural vitamin”, and “best supplements for women”, which brought me to Hum. I researched. I watched You Tube reviews. I even Googled individual ingredients of some of the supplements – I mean, what IS fo-ti and PABA anyway? Was it safe? Was it going to make me feel ‘weird’?* I just wanted something that would tone down the old-lady mood stuff, and just basically keep me healthy and feeling good.
*Related note: I’m super particular about what I put in my body and hate feeling ‘altered’. Medications like simple antibiotics – even over the counter stuff – bothers me. I also tend to experience side effects very easily, so when I want or need to take something, I thoroughly investigate and start off slow to be sure I’m good.
Photo: Beauty Independent
Ok, now onto Hum!
Use my Coupon Code 1AA006 at humnutrition.com to save $10 off your first order!
“At HUM our mission is to make you look great and feel even greater. We develop nutritional solutions that help you achieve your beauty and lifestyle goals by formulating our products with your food and drink habits in mind. By collecting a wealth of data about your food, drink and lifestyle choices, we are not only able to recommend the products that are right for you, but we are also able to develop supplements that are formulated around your lifestyle.”
“Since nutrition is much more than popping a pill, we also provide you with free support and advice from a Nutritionist that has years of academic training and experience. The combination of making the right food, drink and supplemental choices is very powerful and has a long term impact on your beauty, health & happiness. Since sometimes these choices are difficult to make and because information about nutrition can be confusing, we hope you work closely with your Nutritionist and join the HUM community. Along with a scientific foundation, all of our products are Gluten and GMO free while all of our ingredients are sustainably sourced. We have put a lot of thought into providing you with nutritional solutions that make you look and feel great. We take great pride in the quality of our products. They are made at our high tech facility in Southern California and with the strictest quality standards.”
All great things, right? Here’s what I love:
- You DON’T need to subscribe! Hum vitamins and supplements can be purchased online individually through their own website, or at select retailers like Sephora, Nordstrom, and Blue Mercury (a full listing is available on their website). I bought a couple of bottles to try before committing, which I felt was smart considering my super sensitivity to things.
- If you choose to go the subscription route like I did, Hum offers a VERY simple, 1-2-3 process that includes a real Nutritionist that helps get you paired with the right supplements based on what you tell them you’re looking for – less stress, basic nutrition, more sleep, etc. The best part about the subscription is that if you purchase three or more supplements at a time, you save up to 25% on your order every month! I currently purchase 4 supplements and it costs me under $30 per month, much less than buying bottles of vitamins at the drug store or supermarket. See details of each of mine below, and be sure to use my Coupon Code to save $10 off your first order: 1AA006
- The subscription boxes are SUPER CUTE! Each monthly shipment is fully customizable based on what you pick and choose, meaning you can swap supplements based on your needs, and you’re offered a choice of a free sample that gets tucked inside – a great way to try new Hum products without committing to a whole bottle.
- All Hum products are sustainably sourced, pure and potent, gluten free and non-GMO. They’re also clinically proven effective and backed by science – detailed info about each supplement and its science is available on their website.
- I have not had any negative effects to any of the supplements I’ve tried so far, which makes me SO HAPPY!
Here’s the lineup of what I’m currently using and enjoying:
- Base Control $10: a basic multivitamin with iron. Meets recommended dietary allowance for most nutrients; Complements any diet and fills nutrition gaps; With added iron for women pre-menopause; 22 Micro-Nutrients. The best part: no aftertaste, and the tablets are small, these go down easy! I take 1 tablet with breakfast.
- Gut Instinct $25: a super probiotic. Supports healthy digestion; Boosts good bacteria and the immune system; Nurtures the gut for overall health and wellbeing; 10 Acid-Resistant Probiotic Strains, 25 bn Organisms. I definitely feel less bloated taking these. I take 1 capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
- Here Comes the Sun $10: high potency vitamin D. I take even though there is some D in the Base Control, just because I know I was lacking in the past. I find this helps with my overall mood – a lot! I get 2 bottles per month since my daughter and I both take these. I take 2 of these tiny capsules with breakfast at the same time as the Base Control.
- Hair Sweet Hair $25: amped up Biotin for stronger, healthier hair. Supports hair growth; Maintains the health of hair follicles; Helps healthy color maintenance; With Fo-Ti, Zinc, PABA and Biotin. This one’s new for me, so in order to save money, I swapped out my Vitamin D this month to give it a shot (since I stocked up on that over the last 2 months), but so far it tastes so good that I just love taking it! It’s like a sweet treat after dinner. I was taking Nature Made’s Hair Skin and Nails formula in the past, which contains 2500 mcg of biotin. This one contains 5,000 mcg so I’ve started slow and aim to save money by taking one gummy per day for a while to see if I see a difference in my hair. This bottle should last me two months, so I’ll report back with results!
Hum Nutrition is GREAT. The company is super helpful with and responsive to questions, the subscription is very easy to get going – don’t forget to use my Coupon Code to save $10 off your first order: 1AA006 – and for me, I definitely FEEL better, which is the most important thing. If I skip a day for whatever reason, I definitely feel it, so I know things are working! Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried Hum Nutrition (or if you’re going to try now!), and tell me what you think!