Forget the store-bought box! Making light, fluffy pancakes at home is quick and easy with just a few pantry ingredients.
I’ve been in search of a great homemade pancake batter for a while now, but so many online included buttermilk, which I just never have on hand. This recipe is a mash-up of a few I’ve seen around, but I’ve adjusted the measurements a bit and have consistently had good luck with it so be sure let me know how yours come out!
Easy Homemade Pancakes
Serves 4-6 (3-4 large pancakes each)
• 3 Cups all-purpose flour
• 2-1/4 Tbs baking powder
• 2 Tbs white sugar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2-1/2 Cups milk
• 2 eggs
• 6 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• Optional: chocolate chips, fresh berries, sliced bananas
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and melted butter
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Batter will be a little lumpy. If you’re adding in any extras (chocolate chips, berries), now’s the time to gently stir them in.
4. IMPORTANT! Let batter rest 5 mins, while you prepare your griddle. This gives the baking powder time to activate for a nice fluffy batter.
5. Scoop onto prepared griddle and cook/flip to desired doneness.