So easy, no real recipe needed! But I will tell you how this super easy dinner came together for us:
Imagine this: it’s Monday at 4pm. Leaving work. No one has any ideas for dinner. I didn’t go grocery shopping over the weekend because #MothersDay and I was on strike! 🙂 So I stop off at the store and wander the aisles for inspiration. I spy Perdue’s Popcorn Chicken in the freezer section, so I grab a bag thinking that it would be something easy to keep in the freezer for a fill-in meal. I also grab frozen corn, a household staple. Then, as I’m walking down the pasta/instant potatoes aisle, it hits me! Let’s try and make those yummy KFC bowls at home! Seemed easy enough – AND IT WAS!
The longest part of the process to make this great bowl was waiting for the chicken to cook! Other than that, about 10 mins before the chicken was done, I made the potatoes and corn, and heated up the gravy. I’m not going to pretend for one second that this is in any way “healthy”, but this carb-loaded comfort food dinner hits the spot when you need it. Check out my ingredients list and how-to below, and let me know what you think of this quick and yummy dinner!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- One package Perdue Frozen Popcorn Chicken (26oz)
- Two packages Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes (just add water! These are always $1 each at my Shop-Rite store!)
- One package frozen white/yellow corn (I purchased the steamer bag for less dishes!)
- One small jar Heinz (or any other brand) prepared Chicken Gravy
- Approx 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to (it’s all in the assembly!):
- Prepare chicken according to package directions.
- When chicken has about 10 minutes left, prepare corn and boil water for instant potatoes. Follow package directions.
- Heat gravy.
- Grab a bowl and layer up! I started with a layer of potatoes, then shredded cheese, then corn, then chicken and topped with a drizzle of gravy, but the beauty of this is that you can layer it any way you like!
Change this up! Maybe instead of gravy, you can drizzle with BBQ sauce or Ranch dressing? Add sliced green onions, bacon and sour cream for more of a “loaded potato bow”! The options are really endless and there’s no wrong way to do it. Enjoy!