Looking to mix up your Taco Tuesdays? Try fajitas! My recipe is quick, easy, full of flavor – and best of all – the entire meal cooks on one sheet pan!
So far, I’ve only done this with chicken, but you can definitely use steak, turkey breast or even just stick with a ton of veggies. The key to even cooking is to be sure that your ingredients are cut all around the same size – that way you don’t end up with under-cooked meats with over-cooked vegetables. Another great tip is to use a large Ziplock back to mix up your ingredients – simply knead the bag of ingredients to get them evenly coated with your seasonings. Alternately, you can use a large bowl, but use your hands to mix for the best result!
This recipe easily serves a family of 4, but you can double it up for a crowd and simply use two sheet pans.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Serves 4 • 30 Minute Cook Time
- 1 to 1-1/2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 3 Bell Peppers (I used a combo of 1 green, 1 yellow and 1 orange)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Steak Seasoning (optional, but delicious – I use McCormick Montreal Steak)
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
(Fajitas Before and After Baking)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; spray a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Wash produce and pat dry chicken. Slice peppers and onions into strips and place into a large Ziplock bag (or large bowl).
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips so that they’re about the same thickness as the peppers and onions and place into Ziplock bag (or large bowl).
- Combine all seasonings in a small bowl and add to chicken and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and mix all ingredients well, so that they’re all coated with your seasoning.
- Dump mixture on to your prepared sheet pan and bake about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft and starting to brown. At about the 5 minutes left mark, warm your tortillas in the oven on a piece of foil so that your whole meal comes out at once.
- Topping Ideas (maybe the best part!): Shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, jalapenos