I’m saying this Chili’s the “best” for a few reasons. The first one being that it’s QUICK. This recipe takes about 35 minutes from start to finish (and that includes the initial sauteeing and coming to pressure time!).
Another thing that’s great is that you can use ground beef, turkey or chicken; and finally, my favorite – you can pretty much throw in as many veggies as you like and still end up with a really good, hearty chili. Some ideas for extras are chopped celery, chopped spinach or kale, and mushrooms.
I chose to go the ground turkey route in this one, and added one of my favorite little extras – a teaspoon of ground cinnamon in the spice mix – gives it a little sweet heat kick (but feel free to use any spice combo you like).
The BEST Instant Pot Chili
Pressure cook time: 20 mins
You will need:
- 1lb ground turkey, beef or chicken
- 2-3 peppers (I like a combo of yellow and green), diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 28oz Can crushed tomatoes
- 1 12 oz Can red kidney beans
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (you’ll thank me!)
- Turn your Instant Pot on to “Saute” mode and add olive oil.
- Brown meat, stirring and chopping up as you go until all pink is gone. Add peppers, onion, carrots and garlic and cook, stirring about 2 minutes.
- While still in saute mode, add the crushed tomatoes, beans, water and spices.
- Close lid, place vent to “sealing” and switch to high pressure cook for 20 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release and enjoy! Our favorite toppings: shredded cheddar jack cheese and sour cream.