Who doesn’t love a good potato skin? With holiday parties come and gone, it’s time to think about football entertaining!
These are great for a crowd and can be customized with pretty much any topping you can imagine.
In my Googling for an easy Potato Skins recipe, I was discouraged by the amount of time “regular” potato skins took! An hour in the oven, plus more once baked, split and topped? I don’t know about you, but I don’t have that much free time, and I hate having my oven that long! So I came up with a cheat to make things go a bit quicker…the microwave/air fryer combo!
Crispy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- 3-5 russet potatoes
- Cooking spray (I use Olive Oil Pam)
- Toppings: shredded cheddar, bacon bits, sour cream, chives, etc.
- Prep potatoes by scrubbing clean and drying. Pole holes in potatoes with a fork and lay on a paper towel in the microwave.
- Microwave for 8-10 mins, or hit the “potato” setting if yours has one. Remove potatoes and check for doneness.
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F for 5 mins
- Once cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half and scoop out the middles, leaving about 1/8″ of potato all around. Cut each skin in half for more servings.
- Spray fryer basket with cooking spray and place potatoes into basket, as many that will fit. Top with cheese and bacon bits
- Air fry for 3-5 minutes and serve!
- Top with sour cream and chives