Yes, you read that right!
I will in no way try and tell you that these are an exact copycat of the deep-fried, greasy carnival version, but these definitely satisfy a craving without as much guilt!
The biggest advice I have on this one is to make sure you preheat your air fryer WITHOUT the parchment paper in it. I learned this the hard way, after smelling a burning smell during the preheat. I opened my fryer to find the parchment sucked up into the heating element and burning! 🔥
Follow my how-to below for this fun treat:
Air Fried Oreo Cookies
- Complete Pancake Mix
- Cookies of choice
- Parchment Paper, cut to fit flat inside your fryer
- Cooking spray (I use Pam Coconut Oil Spray for my sweets)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 mins.
- Remove basket and place a sheet of parchment paper into bottom, spray with cooking spray.
- Mix desires amount of pancake mix with water, adding slowly to keep mixture thick but not lumpy.
- Dip each cookie into batter and lay on top of parchment paper.
- Cook at 400°F for 6 mins (based on 6 cookies), then flip and cook a minute or two more until golden brown.
- Remove from basket and top with powdered sugar.