This is literally a “set it and forget it” meal! What’s better than cooking an entire meal all at once and having it ready before you even get home??
The best part about beef stew in the slow cooker is that it’s very forgiving. You can add more or less of the meat and veggies, and even throw in some extras like mushrooms or celery. Follow my steps below for a great beef stew.
This little packet is my go-to secret when I make beef stew or pot roast. I use the same flavor pack for both because the pot roast version just has a great meaty, savory flavor that I haven’t been able to replicate with my own blend of herbs and broth, so don’t judge! ￼
Prep veggies and place into the pot. Add the meat and mix together. Then, pour seasoning mix over the top – that’s seriously it!
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serves 4-6 (more if you serve a side like egg noodles or bread. To make less, just cut down on the quantity of ingredients, same cooking time).
Start to Finish: 8.5 hours
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 lbs stew beef
- 2 large russet potatoes (or 3-4 red potatoes), chopped into even chunks
- 3-4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- Crock Pot seasoning (or herbs/spices of choice)
- Clean and prep veggies, place in empty slow cooker.
- Add stew meat to the slow cooker.
- Pour water/herb/spice mixture over meat and veggies, stir well.
- Set slow cooker to 8 hours on low and give it a good stir when done. Enjoy!