I typically cook these on the stove, same recipe, more oil. I figured I’d try them in the air fryer, since they’re basically french fries, and those were a success, so why not?
The time to air fry these is about the same as stovetop cooking, but uses less oil and makes clean up so much easier, so give these a try and let me know what you think!
PS: whatever you do, don’t skip the soaking step! It’s super important for crispy air fried potatoes!
Tip: be sure to cut the potatoes all about the same size to ensure even cooking!
Easy Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
Start to finish: about 35 mins
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes and slice into even slices; slice again to make strips, then slice again to make cubes.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Soak potato cubes in cold water for 15 mins. This step removes some of the slimy starch from the potatoes and gives you crispier results!
- While potatoes are soaking, preheat air fryer to 380 degrees for 5 mins and mix up dry spices in a small bowl.
- Once potatoes are done soaking, drain and pat dry. Place in a dry bowl and add spices and olive oil to potatoes; stir to combine so all potatoes are coated.
- Place potatoes in air fryer basket in an even layer (piling up is ok if you have a lot of potatoes).
- Cook at 400 degrees F and set time to 22 minutes. Pause fryer at 11 mins and shake basket. Restart to finish cooking and enjoy!